About This Blog

This fall season has been a time of great change for me and Laura. I am well into my studies now at Biblical Seminary where I will be working on my Masters of Divinity for the next three years. I am working full-time as a staff worker for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship on the campus of University of Delaware. Laura has recently joined me in my efforts on campus as a volunteer staff member. We are both enjoying our time spent building relationships with college students. I will do my best to keep this site updated so that the many of you who are supporting us financially and spiritually will know better what is happening in our lives.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Almost Official

I received word this morning via email that I will be officially employed by InterVarsity! This is wonderful news for me and Laura. It has only been 26 days since I received approval to begin fund development.

Earlier this month I began my reading list for seminary. Currently I am reading Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster. I was convicted after reading his chapter on prayer that too many of my prayers are vague and unspecific. I pray that God would bless, and guide, and fill and direct which are all great things, but at the end of the day I don't know whether or not they are answered. And so I have determined to pray with specificity. This morning I was thinking about fund development and prayed that I would receive 75% of my funding by the end of the day so that I could begin work with InterVarsity. I knew I was being quite bold and perhaps acting a little impatiently. I finished the day with only 70% of my support pledged but I have been appointed to employment regardless! It is awesome how God works even beyond our imagination.

No comments: