About This Blog

This fall season has been a time of great change for me and Laura. I am well into my studies now at Biblical Seminary where I will be working on my Masters of Divinity for the next three years. I am working full-time as a staff worker for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship on the campus of University of Delaware. Laura has recently joined me in my efforts on campus as a volunteer staff member. We are both enjoying our time spent building relationships with college students. I will do my best to keep this site updated so that the many of you who are supporting us financially and spiritually will know better what is happening in our lives.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My First Talk

I have been working with InterVarsity for three weeks now. Students returned to campus the last weekend of August. My primary function this first week was to meet as many new students as possible. We set up information tables near the freshmen dorms to let everyone know we were on campus and to invite them to our first large group meeting. About Monday of this first week we found out that our speaker for the large group meeting had to cancel. They elected me to speak instead! I (very) nervously said yes. And so I spent the rest of my first week on campus mostly in seclusion preparing for my talk. My talk went well and I am thankful to have had opportunity to be the first to communicate the gospel to the many new students at the meeting!

No comments: