About This Blog

This fall season has been a time of great change for me and Laura. I am well into my studies now at Biblical Seminary where I will be working on my Masters of Divinity for the next three years. I am working full-time as a staff worker for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship on the campus of University of Delaware. Laura has recently joined me in my efforts on campus as a volunteer staff member. We are both enjoying our time spent building relationships with college students. I will do my best to keep this site updated so that the many of you who are supporting us financially and spiritually will know better what is happening in our lives.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Provisional Appointment

We are now one step closer on our journey to InterVarsity staff work! I had my interview with the area directors a couple of Saturdays ago. Last week I was formally offered a provisional appointment to InterVarsity staff. This means they would like to offer me the job but we are still waiting on some paperwork. I am hoping that the paperwork will be completed this week. Once it is my very lengthy application and references will be sent off to Madison, Wisconsin, InterVarsity's national headquarters. They will set up an account in my name and send me many, many envelopes. I can then begin the monumental task of fundraising. We will be raising a lot more money than I originally anticipated ($68,356). Part of this is my salary and benefits and the rest covers the costs for ministry work. I will need to raise 75% ($51,267) of my support in order to begin work with IV in the fall. This will certainly be a work of God! We are hopeful now, but you can pray that we will not lose heart as the summer and our campaign progress.

No comments: