About This Blog

This fall season has been a time of great change for me and Laura. I am well into my studies now at Biblical Seminary where I will be working on my Masters of Divinity for the next three years. I am working full-time as a staff worker for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship on the campus of University of Delaware. Laura has recently joined me in my efforts on campus as a volunteer staff member. We are both enjoying our time spent building relationships with college students. I will do my best to keep this site updated so that the many of you who are supporting us financially and spiritually will know better what is happening in our lives.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Rough Draft of our First Prayer Letter

It has been long time since I have caught up with many of you. Laura and I have had a couple of big events in the past year. We are back in our house after spending a couple of months in a hotel because of a house flood. Laura is enjoying her time at home with our son Benjamin who is a year and half now. (It is amazing how much parenting changes your life!) I was accepted to seminary full time this winter. I will start work on my masters of divinity at Biblical Seminary in September. This is certainly a time of great excitement (and also nervousness) for us both.

The question we are grappling with now is “What does the Lord have for us next?” As we have prayed through this question, I have been presented with an opportunity to do full time ministry on the campus of the University of Delaware. This is much more than I could have hoped or imagined. For the past four years I have had a home at Kirk Middle School, investing daily in the lives of many teenagers and their families. Although leaving my ministry at the middle school will be painful, I am strongly persuaded that the Lord is calling us to move on.

I will be joining the staff of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship. InterVarsity for those of you who don’t know is an evangelical college ministry which seeks to transform the lives of students and faculty and equip them to change the world. Working on a diverse campus like the University of Delaware will give me the opportunity to have global contacts without having to leave my hometown. I am excited to not only put into practice what I will be learning in seminary, but to build relationships with the lost and hurting individuals on the campus.

As we begin this new adventure in our lives you can pray for us to be faithful in keeping in step with His Spirit. We want to be obedient to where it seems God is leading us, but at the same time we are a little apprehensive about what the future will look like. Specifically, we are responsible for raising 100% of our support to be able to do InterVarsity. I am hoping to start work with InterVarsity in August, so we have about six weeks to raise $69,000. This is a small mountain to climb, but God has encouraged us so much already in the process. In many ways, we are thankful to not have all of the resources in and of ourselves. We are forced to depend on others and allow others to be a part of our ministry with InterVarsity.

Thank you for reading this far. We are looking forward to hearing from you and sharing with you more the burden that has been placed on our hearts!

No comments: